CFS Moment Frame
LEADING IN LATERAL
hardy cfs portal frame
The Hardy CFS Portal Frame is a pre-engineered, pre-manufactured Moment Frame designed for narrow wall lengths with high capacities at significant cost savings over structural steel moment frames. The Hardy CFS Portal Frame is a standardized, mass-produced Moment Frame that is easy to ship, install, and inspect.
- Easier to ship, handle and install than structural steel components.
- Narrow Panel Widths. Pre-engineered designs for 12, 15, 18 and 21˝.
- Available in Back-to-Back configuration.
- Narrow Beam Depth. Maintains opening height at standard garage fronts.
Hardy CFS Portal Frame
Hardy CFS Picture frame
The new, easily stackable Hardy CFS Picture Frame is a revolution in shear wall technology. This standardized cold-formed steel moment frame has been specifically designed for multi-story, light-wood frame construction. The innovative design distributes compression over more wall length that extends below window openings where vertical members can’t be installed, thereby allowing larger window openings and greater design options.
- Multi-Story Application. Able to stack up to 5-stories
- Narrow Wall Sections. For applications in wood frame construction at large openings and end conditions.
- “Self Reacting” Moment Frame. Distributes compression from high overturning forces without crushing wood below.
Hardy CFS Picture Frame
The Hardy CFS Picture Frame uses our unique continuous self-ratcheting Tie-Down System.
Connections stay tight even when wood members shrink. The Hardy Tie-Down System is used in multi-story buildings to transfer uplift tension forces that result from earthquakes and wind loading to the foundation.