Deck & Fences
Adjustable Deck Tension Tie
• Exceeds "Hold-Down Device" requirements per 2015 IRC, Section 507.2.4 [Figure R507.2.3(2)]
• Adjustable design allows lag screw installation at variable distance below deck joist.
• 2-hole break-out washer (BO-W) will work with multiple screw sizes.
• Blocking extensions not required.
Patents: U.S. Patent No. 9,809,974
ResourcesMiTek Product Catalog
• Install with MiTek’s WS8-EXT wood screw or 3/8″ HDG lag screw. WS8-EXT or 3/8-in lag screws may be installed adjacent or up to 4-3/8″ below deck joist (see Figure A).
• Drive screw horizontally and aligned vertically with the deck joist into the Wall Top Plate of the main (house) structure.
• Install four (4) of the specified joist fasteners into vertical legs (Two (2) on each side of deck joist).
• Secure front brace with six (6) specified joist fasteners.
• Re-tighten the WS8-EXT or 3/8″ HDG lag screw as needed to fully engage with the ADTT-TZ. DO NOT OVERDRIVE. Note: Minimum 3″ thread penetration required for proper installation of the WS8-EXT or lag screw.
• For ADTT-TZ detailed installation instructions refer to Click here for English or Click here for Spanish
• For ADTT-TZKT detailed installation instructions refer to Click here for English or Click here for Spanish
ADTT-TZ Adjustable Deck Tension Tie Installation Instructions
ADTT-TZ Adjustable Deck Tension Tie (out of box)
When you combine our exclusive nail values, high-quality test-substantiated steel values, and packaging options, the result is the best connector plate package in the industry. We also offer customers the ability to order plates and parts on-line. Visit our MiStore for details.