BLADE Troubleshooting: Outfeed Clamp and Assemblies
Adjusting the Air Cylinder Sensors: watch video
Replacing Shock Absorbers: watch video
Parts are not ejecting from the outfeed clamp and lumber exit chain:
- This may happen more on 2×3 parts because only one row of teeth engage the board, so crooked lumber may miss the teeth completely.
- Check the alignment and location of the outfeed chain as described in the Maintenance Manual under Adjusting the Lumber Exit Chain Location.
Parts are jamming in the outfeed assembly:
- Outfeed clamp gap should be 2‐1/2” from tip of chain teeth to surface of camfollowers on opposite side of gap. A larger gap allows wedges to fall beside the current part and cause jams. A smaller gap could prevent a part from entering, causing jams. Adjust the gap as described in the Maintenance Manual under Adjusting the Outfeed Clamp.
- The Unclamped Sensor will also need to be adjusted if changing the outfeed clamp gap. Its location is in the Sensors section of the Maintenance Manual.
- If wedges are causing jams, adjust the Fully Clamped Sensor to make it hold the board longer so wedges fall away before it opens up.