TWIN-AXIS™ SHEATHING SAW
CUTS WALL PANEL SHEATHING
- Two saw blades: 1 for ripping and 1 for cross-cuts
- Up to 6 cross-cuts per pass.
- Deliver cut sheathing panels directly to assembly station with only 1 operator.
- Better material optimization than with a router
Twin-Axis Sheathing Saw
Less is more! Cut wall sheathing with less time, less material, less mess, and less maintenance. The ripping blade stays stationary as the drive system moves the sheathing material through the saw. The cross-cut blade makes up to 6 cross-cuts per pass.
- Cutting data and optimization analysis sent to saw automatically by MiTek® ShopNet™ software in auto mode
- Semi-auto mode allows manual entry of data
- Infeed aligner: Automatically squares sheet while feeding to reduce workload on operator and improve accuracy
- Outfeed Ejectors: Automatically lifts material off outfeed conveyor surface for easy removal
- All cutting done inside the saw chamber: reduces dust, improves safety
- Can adjust dimensions to bias cut for sheathing gaps as required by sheathing manufacturers
- Easy operation:
- Simple, intuitive software
- Enter data using touch screen or keyboard
- Easy-to-use calibration feature
- Eliminates bottlenecks:
- Reduces time spent at assembly station
- Quality of sheathing can be inspected prior to reaching assembly station
- Easy to maintain:
- Motion control and both saw blades located above the deck to reduce dust and eliminate debris in components
- Fast blade changes reduce maintenance time
- Easy access to components
- Down draft air flow design keeps dust inside the saw box and directed into the dust collection system
- Pull-out dust pan for easy cleanup
|Dimensions||26′ long x 8’8″ wide x 7’2″ high|
|Saw Blades||2 saw blades 350 mm, carbide tipped, negative hook 5 hp, 3500 rpm|
|Supported Material||Accepts common sheathing material: Sheet rock, OSB, CDX, Zip System® and more|
|Pneumatic requirements||9 cfm at 90 psi|
|Modes||Auto mode & semi-auto mode|
|Cuts||1 rip cuts width, and up to 6 cross cuts on each sheet pass|
|Supported material size||10′ L x 50″ W x 2-1/4″ H maximum*|
*Material longer than 10′ is acceptable if supported by a structure independent of the twin-axis infeed conveyor.
*Small parts may require operator intervention for optimal performance
|Minimum rip cut||3″ wide|
|Feed rate||80 ft/min (Normal Speed) or 40 ft/min (Reduced Speed) while ripping, 100 ft/min while recycling material*|
*Material density may impact the movement of material across conveyors
|HMI||Touch screen with keyboard, plus supplemental pushbuttons for additional control|
|Electrical specs||240 VAC, 60 Hz, 3-phase (other voltage requires transformer)|
|FLA||FLA 40.6 amperes|
|Interlocks||4 doors are interlocked with safety system|
|Safety Compliance||UL (panels), OSHA|
|Labels||Bilingual or ISO|
Download the Full Spec SheetDownload PDF
MACHINERY SUPPORT & RESOURCES
MiTek offers consulting, testing, documentation, design assistance and prompt customer service. Visit our Support, Training and Knowledge Base center for more information.
View more of the most complete, reliable, and productive truss assembly manufacturing equipment in the industry.