Truss and Rafter Tiedowns
Power Nail Connectors
Reference Series: RST-3
The RST3 rafter tie is designed to anchor trusses and rafters directly to the stud below. The ability to field-bend the RST3 permits fastening to either the wide or narrow face of the stud.
Materials: 18 gauge
Finish: G90 galvanizing
Code Reports: View Code Report Table
ResourcesMiTek Product Catalog
- Use all specified fasteners.
- If necessary, field bend the lower tab of the RST3 at 90° at the two bend slots.
- Not all fastener holes need to be filled.
- Fasteners in truss do not need to penetrate a nailing plate to achieve the uplift loads listed below.
- The RST3 can be installed in pairs (on opposite sides of the wall, to achieve twice the uplift load capacity.)
Need Help or Have a Question? Contact Customer Service or Call 800-328-5934
RST3 Rafter Tie
Code Report Table
No Code Listing