Reference Series: S/HDU
The S/PHD holdowns are high performance ductile holdowns used for providing a tension connection between CFS framing members and the foundation or other structural members. The pre-deflected design keeps deflection low. The S/PHD holdowns attach with #14 self-drilling screws making installation an ease, saving time and labor.
Materials: S/PHD4, S/PHD6 – 14 gauge; S/PHD9 – 12 gauge
Finish: G90 galvanizing
Code Reports: View Code Report Table
ResourcesMiTek Product Catalog
- Use all specified fasteners.
- Place the S/PHD over the anchor bolt. No washer is required.
- Install with standard #14 self-drilling (tapping) screws to fasten to CFS framing members.
- Tighten anchor bolt nuts finger tight to base plus 1/3 to 1/2 additional turns with a wrench.
- S/PHD Holdowns installed elevated more than 4 inches off the base track may have higher deflection values.
- The design engineer may specify any alternate anchorage calculated to resist the tension load for a specific application. Anchor rod exposure length should take the bearing plate height of 1-5/8″ into account, anchor bolt thread should visibly extend above nut.
- The built up studs shall be designed to act as a single unit. Holdown fasteners specified shall not be considered to attach multiple CFS members together.
- For anchorage options see STBL Anchor Bolt series or ATR threaded rod series products epoxied into place at required depth.