HPAHD / PAHD
Reference Series: -- --
Designed to anchor wood framing to poured concrete foundations.
Materials: HPAHD – 10 gauge; PAHD – 12 gauge
Finish: G90 galvanizing
Code Reports: View Code Report Table
ResourcesMiTek Product Catalog
- Use all specified fasteners.
- Bending the strap horizontally 90° to facilitate wall placement may cause concrete behind the embedded strap to break away at the top edge (spalling). If the spall is 1″ or less from the top edge of the concrete, no load reduction is necessary. If the spall is between 1″ and 4″, the allowable load is 0.90 of the published load table load.
- When installing on lumber less than 3-1/2″ wide, wood splitting may occur. To reduce splitting, use 10d (0.148″) x 1-1/2″ nails or fill every other hole with 16d (0.162″ x 3-1/2″) common nails. Reduce allowable loads in accordance with code requirements.
- Straps are to be installed at the edge of concrete. Install prior to pour by nailing to form. Drive temporary nails through lowest two nail holes into form. Concrete level should reach embedment line; minimum embedment depths are listed in the load table.
- Do not rely on these straps to secure concrete sections together between cold joints; take other measures to transfer the load. If there is a cold joint between slab and foundation, the minimum embedment must be made into the foundation. Fastening opportunities may be reduced because the slab pour level may be higher than some nail holes. Using fewer fasteners will reduce allowable loads. Reduce allowable load by the code capacity for each fastener not installed.
- Allowable loads based on a minimum concrete compressive strength of 2,500 psi at 28 days, with one #4 horizontal rebar in the shear cone. Rebar should be a minimum length of 2x embedment depth plus 12″ (see load table for exceptions in corner installations).
- Where fewer fasteners are used in the structural wood member, reduce loads according to the code.
- There may be an increase in the amount of deflection if the strap is installed on the outside of the sheathing, versus directly to the framing members.
- Strap may be bent one complete cycle to aid installation.
- For installation in severe corrosion environments, see Corrosion Information Click here.