Caps and Bases
Retrofit Post Base
Reference Series: RPBZ
RPB-TZ post base attaches 4x4 or larger wood posts to concrete or wood surfaces after the post is in place. Can be installed with 1 or 2 RPB-TZs (single or double). Post may also be installed on our CPB composite post base product which provides a 1" stand-off as required in untreated wood installations. Installs with concrete screws, so no more mis-installed, mis-located anchor bolts!
Materials: 12 gauge
Finish: G-185 galvanizing
Code Reports: View Code Report Table
ResourcesMiTek Product Catalog
- MiTek’s WS structural wood screws and screw anchors are not included with RPB bases. Install with specified fasteners as listed in table below.
- Not Recommended for fence posts or other unrestrained (not fixed or fastened at top) applications. These anchors are not designed to resist overturning (moment) loads.
- Concrete Installation:
1. Place RPB-TZ over one corner of post flush to both concrete and post surfaces and mark hole locations in concrete. Place aside.
2. Drill holes for concrete screws using appropriate bit and hammer drill.
3. Place RPB-TZ in position and install with specified fasteners as listed in table below.
4. Repeat for RPB-TZ on other side of post for double installations.
- Wood-to-Wood Installation:
1. Place RPB-TZ over one corner of post flush to wood base and post surfaces.
2. Install all specified WS structural wood screws as listed in the table below.
3. Repeat for RPB-TZ on other side of post for double installations.
RPB-TZ Retrofit Post Base
Code Report Table
No Code Listing