Glulam Beam Connectors
LGU / MGU / HGU
Reference Series: LGU, MGU, HGU
LGU, MGU, and HGU’s are high capacity girder to girder face mount connectors. Fastening is by WS structural screws for ease of installation. Fastenings are placed high on connector to permit the connection of a deep carried member to a shallower carrying member. Very useful where tops of beams must be flush.
Materials: LGU / MGU – 10 gauge; HGU – 7 gauge
Finish: G90 galvanizing
Code Reports: View Code Report Table
ResourcesMiTek Product Catalog
- Use all specified fasteners.
- WS structural screws supplied with connector. Substituting lag screws will reduce capacity.
- Beams comprised of multiple plies must be laminated to act as a single member.
- Multi-ply carrying beams may require additional connection of laminations at connector.
- Beam height dimension (H) must be specified when ordering.