Light-Duty Firewall Hangers
Patents: U.S. No. 11,649,626
ResourcesMiTek Product Catalog
• Install the face of hanger flanges tight to stud wall framing.
• For typical installations, the FWHL does not need to be installed at stud locations.
• The end of the joist should measure no more than 1-5/8″ from the face of the supporting wall. See Figure 1.
• The joist should bear fully on the FWHL seat with a gap no greater than 1/8″ between the end of the supported member and the hanger. See Figure 1.
• Gypsum Wallboard Installation – Use the FWH-T template to slot cut the gypsum wallboard. See FWH-T Template Installation Sequence. Slide the gypsum wallboard into position and fasten to the framing members meeting the minimum requirements specified by code.
• Web stiffeners are required for I-Joist Installations.