Shear Wall Accessories
hardy Series Template (HFXT) and Bolt Brace (HFXBB)
- Assures proper bolt spacing and alignment
- 16 gage material supports weight of embed bolts
- Variety of applications
- Available for 6″ framing
hardy Series Template Kit
Hold Down Anchor Assemblies:
- • 1-1/8 STD = 1-1/8 x 32” ASTM F1554 Grade-36 all thread with (3) Standard Hex Nuts
- • 1-1/8 HS = 1-1/8 x 38“ ASTM A193 Grade-B7 all thread with (1) 1/2x3x3 ASTM A36 Plate Washer & (3) Standard Hex Nuts
- • 7/8 STD = 7/8 x 30” ASTM F1554 Grade-36 all thread with (1) 1/2x3x3 ASTM A36 Plate Washer & (3) Standard Hex Nuts
- • 7/8 HS = 7/8 x 31“ ASTM A193 Grade-B7 all thread with (1) 1/2x3x3 ASTM A36 Plate Washer & (3) Standard Hex Nuts
For other rod lengths, see Anchor Bolt Assemblies
- All Thread length = length of embed (le) + 12″ (formboard) + 6″(Kit assembly + height above concrete) For Raised Floor installations adjust the all thread length or extend length with a high strength coupling nut
- The Hardened Round Washers for connecting the Panel base may be substituted with two SAE or two Round-Flat Washers
- STD assemblies require a MiTek Hardy Bolt Brace (Minimum) double nutted at the embed end or 1/2x3x3 ASTM A36 Plate Washer
- HS assemblies require 1/2x3x3 ASTM A36 Plate Washer (Minimum) and the MiTek Hardy Bolt Brace is optional
- HS all thread rods provided by MiTek are stamped on both ends
HARDY Tension Connectors (HFTC)
- MiTek “STK” washers are required in the top of Panels when connecting to a hold down rod from above.
- HFTC Includes all rods, nuts and washers for making floor to floor tension connections
- For Panels – Indicate Panel width and rod grade
- For Brace Frames – Indicate rod grade
- Note: The allowable values in raised floor and upper floor tables assume installation of MiTek Hardy Bearing Plate (HFXBP). Installation without a HFXBP may result in a reduction of allowable loads
HARDY Stacking Washer (HFSW)
- MiTek Stacking (“HFSW”) washers are required in the top of Panels when connecting to a hold down rod from above
- MiTek “STK” Panels, include Stacking Washers pre-welded inside the top channel
- When Stacking Washers have not been pre-welded, they are available individually or in Tension Connector Kits (HFTC)
- HFSW12 measures 2-3/4″ x 3″ for installation in HFX-12x Panels
- HFSW15-24 measures 2-3/4″ x 5″ for installation in HFX-15x through HFX-24x Panels
Hardy Bearing Plate (HFXBP)
- 3/4″ thick x 3 1/2″ wide ASTM A36 steel
- Length extends 3″ beyond Panel edges. Check for outside corner conditions!
- Reduces wood deformation from overturning forces
- Reduces effects of shrinkage by eliminating bottom plate
Note: The allowable values in raised floor and upper floor tables assume installation of MiTek Hardy Bearing Plate (HFXBP). Installation without a HFXBP may result in a reduction of allowable loads.
HARDY HFX -Series Double Template and Bolt Brace for Back to Back Installation
- Sets bolts for “Back to Back” installation in 8″ wall framing
- Large cut-outs allow concrete and mortar placement
- 14 gage materials supports weight of embed bolts
hardy Anchor Bolt Assemblies (HFAB)
MiTek Anchor Bolt Assemblies (HFAB) are sold individually in lengths of 36″, 48″, 60″ and 72″ inches to provide rod lengths of various embed depths. HFABs are available in Standard Grade (STD) and High Strength Grade (HS) to meet plan specifications and in 1-1/8 inch diameter for anchoring Panels, 7/8 inch diameters for anchoring Brace Frames.
When ordering Anchor Bolt Assemblies, remember to order templates and bolt braces.
- HFAB1-1/8 (Specify length and STD or HS grade)
- HFXT Template
- HFXBB Bolt Brace
- HFAB7/8 (Specify length and STD or HS grade)
- HFXT Template
Hardy Base Extension (HFBX)
- Connects adjacent wood mudsill and stud (or Post) to MiTek Panel/Brace Frame
- Adjustable installation. Extends up to 6 1/2″ beyond face of Panel
- “Break-away” tab allows installation after Panel/Frame has been set
- Pre-punched holes for wood nailing
- Can be screwed to Panel/Brace Frame for added stability
Hardy Saddle (HFS)
The MiTek Hardy Saddle (HFS) is a 14 gage steel channel intended to be used as a splice at locations where plumbing or other vertical penetrations destroy the structural integrity of a walls top plates.
The Saddle can be installed over the top or from the underside of the top plates, and is capable of resisting both tension and compression loads in a clearspan of up to 4-1/2″ inches.
For wall depths greater than 3-1/2″, or to install after plumbing lines have been run, the product can be separated into two “L” shapes by gripping the legs of the channel and flexing the top surface along the serration lines.
- The MiTek HFP-Series and HFP/S-Series Post are available in 7/8 inch diameter hold down rods for connecting to Brace Frames above and in 1-1/8 inch diameter for connecting to Panels above.
- When connecting to 1-1/8 diameter anchor in concrete, use double nut installation and tighten the nut below with an open end box wrench.
- All Posts are 3 1/2˝ x 3 1/2˝ square and are fabricated from 12 gage steel.
- Custom heights up to 13′ are available
hardy Deep Socket
hardy Bolt Lever
- Straightens embed bolts while preventing concrete spall
- Place nut on bolt and position inside the HFBL cylinder. With handle oriented in direction to be bent, pull handle downwards
- Unique base plate applies compression to concrete to prevent spall
- Extension handle provides leverage
Note: Not recommended for use with high strength rods
- The table values for Allowable Shear Loads assume Pinned Base anchorage.
- When additional shear load or a drift limit less than the code maximum is needed a Fixed Base design is available. Consult with a lateral systems engineer to determine fixed base values and options.
- All allowable shear loads have been adjusted to an R-Value of 6.5. To convert design loads from R=3.5 to R=6.5, multiply the design load by 3.5/6.5.
- The allowable shear loads are based on a story drift of 0.025h. To convert shear loads to a story drift of 0.020h multiply the table value by a factor of 0.8.
- When designing lateral resistance for a wall line with varying shear resisting elements the stiffness (drift/allowable shear load) must be proportioned.
- Two story Portal Frames are available. Fill out the Non-Standard Worksheet at the back of this catalog and submit to MiTek to check the required configuration and loading.