Gripper Sequence of Events: click here (PDF)
Boards Are Jamming or Being Loaded Onto the Infeed Rail 2 at a Time
- Cull out low-quality lumber, and treat the minor imperfections as shown in the diagram below.
- Ensure the boards are pushed all the way against the Auto Deck fence when they are loaded. The Auto Deck squares each board against the load arms in their up position immediately before the load arms descend to pick up the board. If the boards are not squaring against the load arms as designed, some possible reasons are shown in the photo below.
- If a board does not go completely into the gripper assembly to activate the Board Slip Sensor, perform these steps:
- Place the saw in Manual Mode using the selector switch on the HMI
- Press UNCLAMP ALL (unclamps all clamps and gripper)
- Manually push lumber into gripper. (Be Careful!)
- Turn selector switch back to Auto Mode.
- Press CONTINUE/RETRY that should be in the error window on the HMI screen.
- Bowed lumber: If the lumber is bowed or twisted and does not go into the gripper opening and continues to be pushed, the lumber makes the front sensor and goes into the infeed side roller, but the measurement will be off because it is not seated in the gripper, and the board cannot be pulled backward by the gripper. If the correct board length was loaded the saw should show a board slip error in this case.
- Lumber loaded is wrong length. Usually results from confusion regarding the state of the system because an operation was stopped mid-cycle.
- Check that the gripper clamp opening = 2-1/8”